Accelerator Cable Manufacrurer & Repair Services
What is the Accelerator Cable all about?
The driver controls the speed or acceleration of the car with the help of the throttle cable or throttle cable. This cable makes a connection between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. It has an outer shell made of metal and rubber while the inner cable is made of metal wire. With repeated use and friction, the throttle cable can wear out and become more prone to breakage. Look for signs that the throttle cable needs to be replaced.
Keep in mind:
- If the accelerator cable is broken or frayed, it cannot relay the signal to the engine. The engine, in turn, cannot open the butterfly valves and pump oxygen into the carburetor.
- The accelerator cable might not perform optimally because of slack. Our mechanic will examine it carefully and check for signs of wear. If there aren’t any, they could eliminate the problem by simply tightening it.
How it's done:
- The vehicle hood is raised and supported
- The defective accelerator cable is removed
- The new accelerator cable is installed
- The throttle is exercised to make it operates smoothly without binding
- The vehicle hood is closed and road tested for proper operation
It's a good idea to have your car's throttle cable checked by a mechanic if you notice that the throttle is unusually stiff and doesn't jump right away. When faced with an unresponsive situation and driving on a busy freeway, use the momentum you have to pull over to the side of the road. Call and make an appointment with the Vermin Club to resolve this issue.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Accelerator Cable?
- Need to press down hard on the accelerator for response
- Engine does not respond immediately when you push down on the accelerator
- Car jerking during cruise mode
How important is this service?
A faulty or broken throttle cable can stall your car in traffic or worse on a hill. Throttle cables are generally very durable, but you should have a mechanical inspection every six months to ensure they remain in good working order.
Contact To Get Your Accelerato Cables